Your tracker can learn your moves thanks to the latest update of the Nokia Health Mate app. You can now manually log over 30 different activities on top of the automatically detected running, walking, and swimming.
Which devices can benefit from this feature?
- Nokia Activité
- Withings Activité / Pop
- Nokia Steel
- Nokia Steel HR
- Nokia Go
Note that the Nokia Pulse does not support this feature
Which activities are recognized?
For now, your tracker is able to detect and learn these 10 new activities:
- Table Tennis
Note that we are working on adding more activity recognition coming soon.
What happens if I do an activity not yet supported by automatic recognition?
No problem, you can still log over 30 additional activities manually. Note that each time you log your moves, you help the algorithm learn to recognize these activities, so that we can bring you more automatic activity recognition in the near future.
Follow the instructions below so that your tracker detects automatically your activity:
- Perform any of the 10 newly supported activities while wearing your activity tracker. You will then see “New activity detected” on your Timeline.
- Save the session, choose which activity it was, and adjust the intensity. It will now appear in your Timeline.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times for each activity. This helps your tracker learn your specific moves, so it can automatically recognize them the next time around.
Set a weekly goal
- Each time you perform a new activity for the first time (whether it’s automatically detected or logged manually), you will see a congratulations screen in the Nokia Health Mate app.
- From that screen, you can select ‘Set a goal,’ and set how many days per week you want to perform that activity, so you have some accountability.
- Each time you reach any weekly activity goal, you will see a congratulatory animation in your Timeline.