This article will help you if you encounter any of the following issues:
- You have trouble finding your Nokia Steel HR via Bluetooth
- Your Nokia Steel HR doesn't restart after the installation
- The setup process fails
- A vertical bar appears on the display of your Nokia Steel HR
Before proceeding with troubleshooting, please make sure that your device is compatible with the Nokia Steel HR.
- Make sure your Nokia Steel HR is close enough to your mobile device (1 m/3-4 ft.).
- Make sure your Nokia Steel HR displays "go.withings.com" when you press the button.
If it doesn't, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.
- Disable and re-enable Bluetooth on your mobile device, if necessary.
Note: Android users may have to change the permissions of the app to be able to connect via BLE. To do so, go to Settings > Apps > Nokia > Permissions and enable Location.
If your Nokia Steel HR doesn't restart after the installation, try to perform a factory reset. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Settings of your mobile device, select Bluetooth and locate the watch in the list of devices. Select the small icon to the right of the watch and select the option to Forget or Remove the device.
- Press the button of your Nokia Steel HR for 5 to 6 seconds.
- Press the button three times until “Factory reset” is displayed.
- Press the button for one second until “Reset in 5 clicks” is displayed.
- Press the button five times to effectively reset your watch.
- Try the installation process again.
Click here to see how to perform a factory reset on your Nokia Steel HR.
If the setup process fails:
- Make sure you have access to the internet on your mobile device.
- Make sure that you don't put the app in background during the installation process.
- Make sure that your mobile device is not asleep during the installation process.
- Keep your Nokia Steel HR close to your mobile device during the installation process.
A vertical bar may appear on the display of your Nokia Steel HR right after the setup.
If you encounter this issue, press the button of your Nokia Steel HR for 15 seconds.
If you still encounter this issue, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.