Important: Please note that if you are using the 3.2.0 version of the Health Mate app for iOS, it will take 7 days after creating a user before body composition data such as body fat, muscle mass, bone mass, and water content are displayed in the app. You can still see this data by selecting the ‘Weight’ widget from the Dashboard in the app and scrolling down. All of the body composition data will appear there.
If your body composition measurements don't seem accurate, perform the following steps:
- Make sure you step on the scale barefoot.
- Make sure your scale is clean.
Click here for cleaning instructions.
- Make sure you stay still during the measurement.
- Make sure you always weigh yourself around the same time.
Ideally, you should weigh yourself about 30 minutes after you get up, or at least three hours after working out.
- Make sure your profile information such as height, gender, and age are entered correctly within the Nokia Health Mate® app. To check this, select Profile within the app and then select your name under your profile picture at the top of the screen.
Change your height, gender or age if necessary.
- Make sure you selected the right body type by activating or de-activating the Athlete mode in your profile in the Nokia Health Mate® app.
Note: Body composition measurements won't be accurate if you're pregnant. In this case, we advise that you disable body composition measurements.
Fat mass + Bone mass + Muscle mass = 100% of the body composition. As there is water in muscle and fat, the water mass cannot be added to the other metrics when calculating the body composition.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.