This article will help you if you encounter any of the following issues:
- The video stream of your Nokia Home is not accessible
- The video stream of your Nokia Home is blurry
- The video stream of your Nokia Home is in black and white
- Your firewall keeps you from streaming the video
- If your Nokia Home emits a blue light, you have to install it.
- If you've never been able to access the live stream:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device.
- Tap the (i) icon next to the Nokia Home you want to forget from the list.
- Tap Forget This Device.
- Perform a factory reset by unplugging and plugging the power supply of your Nokia Home back in five times:
a. Unplug it from the wall socket.
b. Plug it back in.
c. Repeat as soon as your Nokia Home displays an orange light.
d. One minute after the factory reset is over, your Nokia Home should be blinking blue.
You can then go back to the app to install it.
- If your Nokia Home emits a blinking orange light:
- Restart your router and your Nokia Home.
- Try moving your Nokia Home closer to your router if you're using Wi-Fi.
- Try using another Ethernet port if you're using Ethernet.
- In all the other cases:
- Make sure your network is working by using it on your phone and trying to connect to the internet from your phone.
- Restart your Nokia Home.
If the video stream of your Nokia Home is blurry, make sure that you have removed the plastic film from the lens.
If the video stream of your Nokia Home is always in black and white, perform the following steps:
- Make sure your Nokia Home is not too close to a wall or to any object.
- Make sure there is enough ambient light during the day.
If there isn't, try to increase it.
- Make sure the night vision feature isn't set to ON.
If it is, you can change it from the app by going to Settings, tapping your Nokia Home and tapping Night vision.
If your firewall keeps you from streaming the video, you need to open some of the ports of your router, more specifically port 3478 and all the ports of the 1024 - 65000 range.
You also need to make sure that port 5222 remains open so that your Nokia Home doesn't appear as unavailable.